Postcards of New York City, NY, U.S.A.
Among the major tourist destinations in the States, New York has been visited by travelers and tourists since the late decades of the 19th century. The Manhattan skyline appears in many of the images, before and after the construction of the World Trade Center which was begun in 1966 and finished in 1973. Pictures of the main landmarks are listed below.
- General views: Looking forward the Tip of Manhattan, 1982 | Air view of Manhattan 1966 | Midtown night view 1970 | T/S Michelangelo near docks of Manhattan Island 1960's | Night view Manhattan and Statue of Liberty 2000 | Manhattan Island 1984 | Aerial View NYC | Lower Manhattan Skykine 1960 | View from Queensboro Bridge 1960's | NYC skyline towards NJ with RMS Queen Mary 1964 | Midtown Manhattan Skyline 1974 Sunset at George Washington Bridge | Skyline with Twin Towers | Manhattan from the sea | Midtown Manhattan by night
- Brooklyn Bridge: Brooklyn Bridge by night 1973 | Night view Brooklyn Bridge and skyline 2000 | Brooklyn Bridge by Night |
- Central Park: Central Park | Central Park | Boathouse
- Empire State Building: View from the Empire State Building, | Empire State Building with Kong 1986 | Empire State Building 1989 | Empire State Building at Dusk 1998 | Empire State Building |
- Riverside Church: Riverside Church and Grant's Tomb | Riverside Church
- Rockefeller Center: RCA Building | Prometheus Fountain in Lower Plaza
- St. Patrick's Cathedral: St. Patrick's Cathedral | St. Patrick's Cathedral | St. Patrick's Cathedral in 1906
- Statue of Liberty: Statue of Liberty 1913 | Statue of Liberty |
- Times Square: Times Square at Dusk 1973 | Times Square by night | Times Square at Dusk |
- United Nations: United Nations Secretariat Building | United Nations Building vintage | U.N. Security Council Chamber | UN Headquarters | Aerial view of the UN Headquarters |
- Other Landmarks: The Port Authority Bus Terminal, | La Guardia Airport | Port Authority Heliport 1966 | Channel Gardens Rockefeller Center 1958 | Soldiers and Sailors' Monument | Ocean Parkway Entrance Brooklyn 1913 | South Street Seaport 1985 | St. Frances Xavier Cabrini Chapel 1973 | Manhattan street view 1983 | Empire Building 1906 | Cathedral of St. John the Divine | Park Avenue | The Little Church Around the Corner | Hotel Lexington | City Hall in 1927 | Hell Gate Bridge | New York World's Fair 1964-1965 | Fifth Avenue 1938 | Manger Vanderbilt Hotel |
- Multi-view Cards: Views of the City | 4 views of the Wonder City 1969 | Greetings from NYC